Chew Medical Practice is a fully dispensing practice. This means that we can supply all medication for most of our patients, directly from the surgery.
The key benefits of dispensing with us are:
- Medication is available within 20 minutes of leaving the doctor or nurse, often quicker, without the need to go elsewhere to collect it
- There is a very close relationship between our dispensary and the doctors - queries are dealt with quickly and effectively, with minimal delay and absolute clinical safety
- Huge stock - we have one of the biggest dispensaries in the country
- If something is out of stock, then a substitute can often be offered safely and quickly
- We offer a home delivery service free of charge to any patient who doesn't pay at the point of collection (ie under 18, over 65 medically exempt or with a pre-payment card)
All patients can choose whether they use the dispensary or a local pharmacy, but we encourage you to sign up as a dispensing patient, to give you the greatest flexibility.
The only patients who are not eligible to use the dispensary at the surgery are those who live less than a mile from a community pharmacy other than Chew Pharmacy. Everyone who lives within a mile of Chew Pharmacy is still eligible for dispensing services from the surgery.
The dispensary provides funding to enable us to provide the wide range and high quality of services that our patients expect. Your support is greatly appreciated.